Saturday, September 12, 2009

Floyd's, or Nuvrei: Double Chocolate Chip

This one came about via an architecture quest. We were out measuring a couple buildings in Old Town following a major 16 hour deadline crunch day. Feeling a little worse for the wear, we needed a lil' something to recharge the batteries. Then there was "Floyd's." It may be a well known fact that coffee and cookies are like peas and carrots, but Floyd's on NW Couch really does this combo well. Stumptown coffee + Nuvrei pastries + great cookie eating ambiance = Awake + Extremely Happy.

About the cookie: mmm... I've never seen one quite like this. Two types of chocolate drops- milk chocolate and dark chocolate- swimming in the yummy cookieness. Yes, you heard right, these are no chips. About the size of a dime or quarter in some cases, they are definitely drops. Even better, they taste delicious. ( On another occasion, I thought I could swear that the milk chocolate drop tasted a bit like a latte.) Anyway, this keen attention to good chocolate and the overall texture of this cookie makes it one of my faves in Portland. It may be a little too bland in its sweetness to be as happily consumed alone as it is with coffee so get yourself a big cup. Floyd's you are my winter hibernation plan.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm. Floyd's. A great recommendation for the onset of rainy weather. Though I went on a sunny day, I can certainly envision sitting at a table there, looking out the window and watching raindrops fall on the cobblestone nearby (there is cobblestone, right?).

    Anyhow, they don't officially advertise this but when I was there they were toasting cookies for customers. It smelled divine from a chocolate brownie cookie.

    ReplyDelete